All classes use text books, handouts and authentic material which are provided by the school. The approach is thematic and covers a variety of topics of interest to adults. Orientation to Canadian culture is an integral part of our program. Both formal and informal English are used, and practical use of the language is applied during field trips, presentations, videos and social activities…learn more!
Our program is provincially funded by the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services (MCCSS). We are also Languages Canada accredited.
- Learn English as a Second Language by total immersion, the fastest and most effective way to become fluent in another language. Expect to be treated with respect and acceptance by supportive teachers.
- Learn at your own pace and level.
- Become comfortable with the language in everyday situations.
- Study all elements of English.
- Learn to interpret idioms with teachers who “go the extra mile.”
- Enroll at Northland Adult Learning Centre , a school small enough to give personalized attention (explore the link for student testimonials).
- Sault Ste. Marie is a beautiful, friendly, safe and clean city. It is situated on Lake Superior and is nestled in the vast Algoma wilderness. Experience the changing seasons and the activities that go with them. Swim at one of the great beaches, hike on the expansive trails, camp, bike, boat or fish. Ski cross-country or downhill at one of the many near-by facilities. Snow machine, skate, sled, or attend a hockey game. Participate in the Bon Soo Winter Carnival, a 10-day celebration of winter.